There are two types of Best Buy Credit Cards. There is a regular store credit card called the “MY BEST BUY CREDIT CARD” and the other type is a Visa credit card issued by Citi.
Both of these credit cards are fantastic if you like to shop at Best Buy stores or online.
Below we go into some detail on the application process for you to follow if you want to get one of these using the Best Buy Credit Card Application online.
What Are The Best Buy Rewards?
Both of these credit cards will get you 5% in rewards for purchases. If you are lucky enough to become an elite member you will bump yourself up to 6%.
The My Best Buy credit card that is the Visa issued by Citi will get you some additional perks. These rewards can change though so make sure you stay up on the rewards program.
For example here are a few of the current benefits below.
You can get 3% off on fitness and sporting goods purchases or 3% back on gas purchases. Then there is 2% rewards for dining and restaurants. So you get the picture.
Both Best Buy Credit cards have promotional financing available for purchases, but only the Visa card has 1% off on everything you purchase.
So if you are wanting to really build your Best Buy rewards, you will want to apply for the My Best Buy Visa credit card. For every 250 points you earn you get $5 in rewards. These are to be used for purchases at Best Buy.
Full Review of Best Buy Credit Card
- At Least 5% Back in Rewards on Best Buy Purchases, or Flexible Financing: When you shop at Best Buy and use your card’s standard financing option, you’ll earn 5% back in rewards (or 6% back if you’re an Elite Plus member). You can become an Elite Plus member by spending $3,500 or more on the My Best Buy Visa card. You can also forgo your rewards and instead take advantage of flexible financing options on purchases of $299 and up at Best Buy.
- 10% Back on Your First Day of Best Buy Purchases: You can earn 10% back in rewards on your first day of Best Buy purchases made within 14 days of opening your account if you select the standard credit option, as opposed to flexible financing. Some products do not qualify for My Best Buy Rewards, though.
- Other Bonus Categories Sometimes Available: Currently, you can earn 3% back in rewards on gas purchases. You can also earn 2% back on dining, grocery and bar purchases and 1% back on all other purchases. However, Best Buy includes the caveat on their 3% bonus category that the offer can be changed or withdrawn at any time. Other cards with real or implied limited-time offers for bonus rewards normally offer higher earning rates, such as 5% back.
- Confusing Application Process Considers You for Several Cards: When you apply for a Best Buy Visa card, you’re actually applying for up to four different types of credit cards. This is not prominently displayed but buried in the terms and conditions of the offer. First, you’re considered for the Best Buy Visa Platinum card, which doesn’t come with an annual fee. If you don’t qualify for that card, you may be considered for a Best Buy Visa Gold card that can be used anywhere Visa cards are accepted but has a $59 annual fee. Finally, you may be considered for two closed-loop Best Buy credit cards that can only be used at Best Buy.
- Potentially Misleading Rewards Rates: While 5% back in rewards seems like a decent earning rate, the card itself doesn’t provide all of that. In reality, there is a free Best Buy rewards program that offers points on purchases without the use of any particular credit card. The advertised rewards rates show you the total rewards you’d earn from both the free rewards program and the credit card combined.
- Many Limited-Time Offers add Unpredictability: While limited-time bonus rewards categories are nice, there isn’t any predictability to what you could earn in the future. The limited-time 3% gas purchases category can be changed or withdrawn without notice, for instance.
How Do I Find The Best Buy Credit Card Application Online?
It is really easy to find the Best Buy credit card application online.
For your convenience you can visit https://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/financing-rewards/
You will need to meet the minimum requirements to apply as well as a steady employment history.
Before applying for the Best Buy credit card online you will need to setup your Best Buy account online first.
How Do I Manage My Best Buy Credit Card?
There are a number of really cool ways to manage the Best Buy credit card online.
You can pay bills and track transactions online. There is also the ability to set alerts and get exclusive offers.
For Payment Information you can contact
My Best Buy® Credit Card Payments
P.O. Box 9001007
Louisville, KY 40290-1007
Best Buy Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. local time
Sat: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. local time
Sun: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. local time
We hope you now better understand the process of applying and filling out a Best Buy credit card application online.